Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottyjuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Hi,

I managed to get a copy of iLife 06 off eBay as I've read on this forum that it's better than iMovie 11 for importing some old hi8 camcorder video that i'd like to digitise.

I created a new iLife06 directory under applications and thought that I'd pointed the iLife06 installer to install iMovie06 and iDVD06 there, but looks like I was wrong and I seem to have overwritten my iMovie11/iDVD11.

I had hoped that i could have both versions installed on my iMac and choose which to use depending on what source I was importing from.

I can't seem to find an install disk for iMovie11/iDVD11 as they were pre-installed on my iMac, so not sure now how to get these back either (i don't have a time machine or a backup of that software as i thought i had a disk for it).

Any suggestions on :

1. How best to get iMovie11/iDVD11 back (short of buying them again off the app store)
2. How to successfully install the 06 and 11 versions so that they can co-exist.

I knew I shouldn't have tried to do this at night when I was tired :-(

Thanks

Scott

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
Lion?

When I've had to re-download stuff by using the 'Buy' button it recognized that I had purchased before and just downloaded again.

But that was with iphone/ipad apps.

I would think its the same with the app store. Perhaps an email to them with your ID would answer it.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
Create a folder within the Applications folder. There you put 06.

06 will run in Lion?

scottyjuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Confusion over

When I posted last night I just couldn't remember having any re-install disks from when the iMac arrived, and had checked the pile where I was keeping all the paperwork.

Just remembered that I also bought Vmware Fusion when I got the machine, and on the off chance checked the box for that - found them :)

Thanks for the replies.

I've moved the iMovie06 and iDVD applications to a separate directory and re-installed, and now have access to both.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.