Think my iphone 3gs really dead,

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by azza2988, Feb 24, 2011.

1. azza2988 macrumors member

hi ppl

really need help my iphone 3gs has died i replied to a txt left the room then back again and iphone was off when left it had 25% battery left. i cant turn it on , it wont charge when plugged into power outlet, i tried connecting to windows computer but nothing being recognised and still no battery bar. tried hard reset when plugged in and nothing :(( nothing showing at all.

do you think there any better chances with trying to power up with a mac computer? and any ideas what i could do ?

Thanks

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Try the hard reset again (power and home button) and give it plenty of time.

The computer OS shouldn't matter.

3. azza2988 thread starter macrumors member

i kept hold of the buttons for over a minute :( but i have had problems with the power button sometimes it didnt turn off the phone i wonder if that is stopping it

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

A bad power button is possible, but it still doesn't explain why it did what it did to begin with. Try holding down the home button while plugging into iTunes.

5. azza2988 thread starter macrumors member

ill try it tomorrow, weird thing is when it happened i tried ringing the iphone and it didn't go to voice mail just rang not the iphone it self but the phone i was using had it like if you were ringing some one

6. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

This probably isn't what you want to hear but I had a 3gs and it did the same. I did sort of run it over with a 4x4. But when I took it to the apple store, I think I forgot to mention the 4x4 bit. They said when you plug it in and the computer doesn't recognize it, thats normally it. However they offered me a new one for £100.

On the upside the guy came out the back room and said, 'the screens not broken, but the phone is dead' So they are tough little devices.

7. azza2988, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

azza2988 thread starter macrumors member

was you in warranty?

jack your leaving me on bit of cliff hanger here lol