Think of buying a mac book pro where from?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by argo063, Nov 16, 2010.

1. argo063 macrumors member

Hey

Is direct through apple the best way for buy a macbook pro for the best price?
    I'm a students so i would get it for a good price through there education store price. Any other shops Better. i'm Located in Australia.

Thanks
    Argo063

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

i think apple is the best place for you, what your going to "save" at other places youll probably spend on shipping and handeling.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Since you're in Australia I don't know a good answer, but for those in the US who may have the same question, compare shipping and no sales tax vs Apple Education store (or refurb store) plus sales tax. If looking at a base MBP 13", then best deal going is in-store at Microcenter -- but you need to be able to physically visit the store. For other models do check Apple's refurb store.

If you don't have a Microcenter and you're in the US consider a Black Friday deal. Do a web search for the leaks as I don't know if posting specifics is kosher here, but one I saw for a big retailer that uses yellow and blue colors suggests they'll be giving a $125 gift card with purchase of a 13" MBP.