Think of the potential if we had..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dougbrowne, Jan 27, 2010.

1. dougbrowne macrumors member

If adobe were to develop versions of photoshop (NOT the super dummed down version like on the iPhone, but a REAL version), and other adobe apps it would turn into a awesome productivity tool. I hope adobe takes that path and makes some epic iPad apps. It truly would be awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Do you think it would have the power to run a slightly dummed down version of photoshop?

There really are SO many possibilities for this device, I just really hope the devs make em happen!

2. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I just hope Apple wises up and puts the right OS on the iPad. Lets face it, iPhone OS is all wrong for this device.

3. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

It won't happen for a few reasons:

• Apple and Adobe don't have a good working relationship. Why would Adobe want to give money to Apple from the App Store?
    • App Store is the only delivery method
    • I don't really know what you could do in Photoshop without the precision of a stylus
    • The revenue won't be great because people are stuck in the mindset of "Apps from the App Store should be cheap"

4. samcraig macrumors P6

not to mention - this would require the ability to move files on and off the iPad

5. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

That ability is already there through the shared documents folder. I assume it'll mount to the desktop like an external drive. That's how iWork will function, presumably as well as downloading stuff in Mobile Safari.

6. admanimal macrumors 68040

It will have this ability.