Think secret message board 'This Account Has Been Suspended'

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
I am a member there even before applenova became TS official site. The site admins love to play jokes. So I am guessing it is some evil prank there pulling while they do upgrades or service. Or it is that they really didn't pay their bills or it is Apple.

Comment

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Would be more humorous if Apple legal finally stepped on the ISP's tail, they've been pissed at some of the members on that site.

Apple mentioned the message board in their filings...

Comment

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
Sun Baked said:
Would be more humorous if Apple legal finally stepped on the ISP's tail, they've been pissed at some of the members on that site.

Apple mentioned the message board in their filings...
Like our beloved *********? Man, we knew about the 970MP and 970GX a month before TS reported it. He also expects the Powermac updates to be 2.8 Ghz and that he speculates don't listen to TS. He also says that a low power G5 is in the works and could be 2 Ghz. While that was back in October when he said that. I really doubt apple would shut down AN. There just pissed off at TS. I don't think anyone at AN is part of their sources.

Comment

uncle

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
I want to belive that someone posted close to the knuckle.

My interest being; 'When' will they post updates to the G5 line. :cool:

Comment

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
quagmire said:
I don't think anyone at AN is part of their sources.
Somebody there posted internal documents that the rest of the members can grab, to certify his credibility.

Also been leaking inside info and hints for awhile.

Now if the board is ignoring Apple legal like Nick has... :eek:

I'm sort of hoping the site would get shut down for the humor factor alone.

Comment

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
Sun Baked said:
Somebody there posted internal documents that the rest of the members can grab, to certify his credibility.

Also been leaking inside info and hints for awhile.

Now if the board is ignoring Apple legal like Nick has... :eek:

I'm sort of hoping the site would get shut down for the humor factor alone.
Was it in the PowerPC thread? I don't remember anyone posting internal documents, but the IBM document talking about the thermal diodes in the MP. Let me go look through the thread again if an ever gets up again. :rolleyes:

Comment

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Odd glitch, though.

Having a couple sites myself, its all automatically billed to my credit card - I don't have to worry about anything being suspended.

Maybe someone's card expired..... :D

D

Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
So is it a matter that the "Think Secret Forum" no longer exists. Has the name been changed to AppleNova? At least when I went to Think Secret.com it directed me to AppleNova.

Comment

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
Mr. Anderson said:
Odd glitch, though.

Having a couple sites myself, its all automatically billed to my credit card - I don't have to worry about anything being suspended.

Maybe someone's card expired..... :D

D
Applenova has no fees to pay. Check this thread out.

http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?p=188162#post188162

wdlove said:
So is it a matter that the "Think Secret Forum" no longer exists. Has the name been changed to AppleNova? At least when I went to Think Secret.com it directed me to AppleNova.
Before Applenova was the official TS board, bones3d.com was( something like that name). Now, applenova is actually not even a year old yet. It beginning had to do with the owner of ai and some of the mods there. So the mods made appleinsider.org which was renamed Applenova( name thought out by me). The reason Bones3d was dumped because it wasn't very reliable. It would be down couple times a month. So about 2 weeks after the name change, Applenova became the official message board.

Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
quagmire said:
Before Applenova was the official TS board, bones3d.com was( something like that name). Now, applenova is actually not even a year old yet. It beginning had to do with the owner of ai and some of the mods there. So the mods made appleinsider.org which was renamed Applenova( name thought out by me). The reason Bones3d was dumped because it wasn't very reliable. It would be down couple times a month. So about 2 weeks after the name change, Applenova became the official message board.
Is bones3d, mods, and some of the older members still around? I remember when the message board was called Think Secret.

Comment

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
wdlove said:
Is bones3d, mods, and some of the older members still around? I remember when the message board was called Think Secret.
The site still exists, and the die hards are still there. I don't know about the rest of the members. I don't think the boards were ever called THinksecret. It was just endorsed as the mesage board to talk about their reportings.

http://www.bones3dmb.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi

Comment

IanC

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2005
Essex
wdlove said:
Yeah its still around. Not as busy as it used to be, back when it had that Think Secret connection, but theres still a core set of posters :p

Comment

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

I relate. I run a website that had this happen to us in November. No idea why.. word was, our site was hacked, but I NEVER got a response back from the hosting company. I got disgusted and transferred to another host, but we lost EVERYTHING.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.