Think the i7 will be available in stores after the refresh?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by eddvedd, Jun 22, 2010.

1. eddvedd macrumors regular

Hey all,

I know that its anyone guess as to what the refresh holds, but does anyone think that the i7 will be in stores after the refresh, or will it still be a built to order model. Just curious because I'm getting so stoked for this refresh that it would be nice to just go pick one up and not have to wait for it to be delivered.

2. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

No one knows for sure, but it'd be nice if i5 and i7 were the new default chips in the 27" models with perhaps a faster i7 as the BTO option.

3. clager macrumors member

Dont think there will be an update nor refresh. They have left the iMac27 for dead.

4. redapple99 macrumors member

i don't think so, the imac is quite an important computer for apple

5. DarkStarr macrumors newbie

Some UK stores stock the i7, I bought mine from the Apple Store in the Trafford Centre :)

6. clager macrumors member

7. hippo206 macrumors 6502

In WA, i7 are already available to buy in the store. So i would assume that they would be after any upcoming refresh.

8. eddvedd thread starter macrumors regular

Good to know, I didn't realize that some stores already stocked the i7. I guess the midwest is just a little behind the curve, no surprise there. Hopefully that means I can just head down to the apple store on release day and pick one up.