think there will be any thefts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pr5owner, Jun 21, 2007.

1. pr5owner macrumors 65816

as in trucks getting high jacked?

anyways, what will you do if it gets stolen, i believe there will not be any insurance offered on the phone. can you put it under house insurance? even though you have it with you when you are not at your house

2. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

Ah no, it would have to be in the house at the time something happened. Just losing the phone won't work.

As for trucks getting hijacked...not likely.

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Chances are, homeowners isn't a good idea. Not to mention most policies have a deductible. The increased rates just wouldn't make it worth it to file a claim.

Beyond that, the best thing I can think of is make sure it doesn't get stolen and/or broken.

I rather annoyed that AT&T isn't offering insurance like all other carriers do. Hopefully, they will at least give you a discount on a replacement.

4. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

I bet there will be some third party insurance if ATT doesn't step up to the plate.

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Cingular never offered insurance on any high priced phones.

6. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Many people don't realize that if you use an item in your house for business purposes more an something like 20% of the time, it won't be covered on your homeowners policy.

7. applehero macrumors 6502

It is the insurance carrier that at&t uses that refuses to cover smartphones and PDA's. This was a change as of a couple of years ago and they are currently reviewing bids from other carriers to fix the gap.

8. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Ya, which is different from all other carriers. I think its rather silly they don't offer it.

9. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I tried finding a policy for an iPod. Every insurance company just laughed at me. So I bet it'll be the same for the iPhone, which will be the number one stolen item starting June 29 -- in my opinion at least.

I also think if some one did come up with an insurance plan, it'll end up costing you more than 2 iPhones for the two year contract of it. I love how insurance works.:)

10. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee