Think Verizon iPad MiFi plan will go away after iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by azora, Jan 5, 2011.

1. azora macrumors newbie

I'm debating whether to buy the iPad now and get locked into the $20/1GB plan with anticipation of that plan going away after a 3G iPad 2 coming to Verizon.

I have no particular need for data when I'm not around wifi (eg. at home, work) but there are times when it's been crappy by not having it so I'd like to pay for a little data that can be used by all my Apple devices and cell phone.

What would be your guess? Think verizon will kill the plan since it won't have much use or you think they might sell the iPad 2 Wifi-only with it?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well I don't think the plan will be kill, no reason to.

However I think you are better off waiting, the regular MiFI plan is $35 for 3GB (just $15 more than you are planning now, and 2GB more). but if you count all the $20 for (lets say iPad2 comes out on April) that would be $80 wasted.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

who says a new 3G iPad will work directly on Verizon anyway?

4. str8bucs macrumors regular

I Agree!:confused:

5. azora thread starter macrumors newbie

It's supposed to. Along with the iPhone, rumors are flying everywhere of CDMA versions being made so it wouldn't make sense for Verizon to keep the discounted mifi plan for an old version of the iPad.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Rumors of verizon iphone have been around since 2007. :rolleyes:

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I wouldn't base a buying decision now on the promise of a yet to be announced product