Thinking about a 11" , config question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Jazwire, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

Typically I just order my machines maxed out or nearly maxed out, so I don't have any buyers remorse.

However, a MPA would be a niche laptop for me.
    I would use it while traveling, in car, going to meetings, going to friends etc.
    I'm usually using an iPad for this now, but really would like a laptop form factor and access to real programs.

I would most likely rarely use the MPA much at home, as I have a 15" rMBP and an iMac.

When it comes to deciding upgrades, the 4to 8gb upgrade seems easy. 4GB just seems low, pretty sure Ill just go with 8gb, (I have 16gb on my rMBP, and 32GB on my iMac) unless someone can convince me its rarely needed on this machine.

The harder upgrade would be the CPU, normally I'd just get the i7 1.7, but if it makes the battery life a fair amount lower or make the MBA a lot warmer, it might be counter productive for me and possibly be a negative feature. But if it was pretty much equal on bat life and heat , I'd just opt for the more speed and pay the difference.

2. Bear macrumors G3

According to Intel's website, both have the same power draw and thermal dissipation (heat).