Thinking about adding a acer iconia tablet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleGoddess, Apr 25, 2011.

1. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Sometimes I miss flash, like when I am pulling my credit and want to see my progress, I am loving the iPad but might need more, I have a net book and use it to sync my iPad.

Any one here have both?

2. donnaw macrumors 65816

I have an old Samsung netbook I use to sync my iPad. The netbook is about 3 years old and works quite well. Since I only paid just over $300 for it - it was a good buy.

The Acer you're looking at looks like a nice machine. I also just bought the Asus EP 121 slate and really love it. Having Windows 7 on my main machine is a requirement for me but my netbook is getting a bit long in the tooth - hence the new slate. I don't sync my iPad with the Asus because I don't want to install iTunes on it.

I use both the slates (iPad and Asus) a lot. My poor little netbook is now nothing more than an iPad helper.

But had I not needed a new full-blown pc I would not have bought the Asus and just stayed with the netbook and iPad.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I am currently using the iSwifter browser for my flash needs. It could stand to speed up the conversion time and refresh rate, but so far I'm satisfied.

4. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Thanks for the tip, just came back from playing with it for a hour will check on the new ASUS coming out tomorrow.

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

6. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

It would be nice but tracking my credit score and a few other sites I can't live without.

7. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I am thinking about the same thing, getting the iconia or the playbook to access flash based tv episodes. But it seems a bit excessive to get a $500 device for this one task.

8. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I agree but I have always loved android, so maybe i Would sell my iPad and save the money for the next model.

9. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Update

Jumped out of bed this morning and bought the Acer, have been playering with it all day......

What did I learn, its bad at printing, its choppy scrolling, it USB does not work right, Mail is nice having the option to add a photo after starting a email..... but its going ba
    ck...to. the. Store.

The End.

10. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Did you have any experience with the playbook, or consider it?

11. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

To be honest I like the look but for the life of me I can't get to the home screen when playing with one, maybe it was damaged or just me, not sure.

I wanted to play with the ASUS transformer however they had no demos nor stock.

12. Alicia4065 macrumors regular

I have both printing I wouldn't know about since I don't even print from Ipad2, scrolling has been fine no jerkiness at all even pinch to zoom in/out is fine, website that I go to loads fast and for the USB mines is working fine right now I have a 16gb flash drive loaded with some of my movies and it's playing fine.
    Someone else from another site was mentioning the same problems you are having and took it back for a replacement and it seems to be working fine for them now. I could never give up I my Ipad2 though but having the Acer goes well since I also carry a android phone and like tinkering with the Android system.

13. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Love the size 10.1 is perfect for webpages, it was acting very jerky and the USB was not working at all... Think Iwill wait a bit as I am happy with my iPad.

14. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

After returning my iPad2, I started looking at android tabs and the transformer, my opinion, looks amazing. I really want to check this thing out, the only problem i have with it, and this is purely an opinion, its an eee branded asus device, typically asus rolls out new models within the same year so jumping on a brand new tablet from asus is almost like suicide cause they might change it up in a couple months.

15. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I am going to wait a few months at least.