Thinking about an elongated home button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 101at9, Sep 26, 2011.

1. 101at9 macrumors member

101at9

Do you think the elongated home button could be a simpler task switcher. As in touch sensitive for swipes from left to right or right to left to cycle through apps. That would be extremely intuitive and simple to learn. :D

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I don't think so. Gestures make sense on the iPad because there's room. Gestures on the MacBook Pro trackpad make sense because there's room. Also, both of those devices use multiple fingers for gesture commands otherwise a single touch could register a false command. Even with an elongated home button, there wouldn't be enough room for two fingers. And one finger swipes could easily register false commands.

4. Gjeepguy macrumors regular

yes... i think this is a viable option.

it would also be nice to get the the "task switcher" by swiping up on the screen from the bottom in the same way the notifications will work swiping from the top down.

5. aleni macrumors 68020

good idea, but for switching apps to the left and right is annoying. what if i want to go to the 4 previous apps? so i have to swipe 4 times? that's gonna suck.

would be better if swipe up for bringing multitasking bar, swipe down to go back to the home screen menu, swipe left to bring the volume and iPod controls, swipe right brings a camera. :D

6. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

qft