Thinking about an iPhone, Need a new phone!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tobeythekoala, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Tobeythekoala macrumors newbie

Hello, I am looking for advice to buy an iPhone, I've been wanting a new phone for a while now and now that the iPhone 3G is 99$, I was thinking about buying one. First of all, I live in Canada, and I am with Fido! I currently own an N-gage, it's old, it's dirty, it's dying. So I have found the iPhone a long time ago, it was my dream to have one, I thought about it for a long time but it was too pricy, and now I'm thinking about it. I was wondering if there was a way to cancel the Data part? (I can't access the Fido website right now, but the monthly plan is something like this : 350 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited after 6 and weekends, for 35$, and 30$ for the +1GB Data) I was wondering if there was a way to cancel the Data part, so that it would cost me 35$ per month? Thank you

2. Surely Guest

Surely

3. Tobeythekoala thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I was thinking about doing that haha, but I don't like calling to places, so I wanted to try on a forum to know if it was possible first heh!

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Because the answers here are never as definite as the answers you'll get from the carrier.
    Laziness never pays.

5. Tobeythekoala thread starter macrumors newbie

I wanted to try a forum first! And it's late and all, but Thanks anyway!

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Did you get your answer Francis?

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Yes*

*I am 11 and live in Singapore, but I am certain you can do this if you ask

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

8. evilash macrumors newbie

9. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

iPhones are pretty useless without the data plan. And I say this coming from an iPod to iPod Touch to iPhone. Sure you'll have Wi-Fi, but it's just not the same. It's crippling. You might as well buy an iPod Touch if you don't want or can't afford the data plan.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes, did you call Fido? What did they tell you?

Do have a newsletter that I may subscribe to, oh knowledgeable child? :D

11. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Get the data plan for the first month for $25, and then pay the $100 data ETF and you're good to go. I was lucky enough to go into a Best Buy Mobile and pay them an extra $50 to cancel data, as the employee wasn't aware of the policy change with the 3GS. It won't hurt to try, but either ways, it'll cost you up to $130 to cancel data.