Thinking about, but which?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Barett, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Barett macrumors newbie

I am buying an ipod touch to replace my ipod mini which is 3 years old. I dont know which to get though. I only allow, at most, 200 songs on my ipod at one time. After that, I am lost. I may put movies on, but temporarily, and as for photos, probably not. I really like the internet feature. I am leaning towards the 8gb, but I am wondering if I jailbreak and add apps. will 8gb suffice??

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I'm in the same boat. I've had the 20GB first generation iPod since about 6 months after it came out and I've never upgraded. I'm seriously considering picking up the Touch, especially since now I can pretty much also use it as a PDA.

I never came close to filling up the 20GB iPod, even in all these years, so I think I'm going to go with the 8GB. Can anyone think of a reason to change my mind?

Also, since I've never had a docking iPod, can someone explain to me how the dock works? I saw that the Touch comes with a "dock adapter"; does that mean I need to buy a dock separately?

3. Barett thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Resist macrumors 68030

For most people the 8GB iPod Touch is more than enough room unless all you want on it is video. I have over 100 songs, 9 music videos, 1 two hour movie, 6 TV shows, 11 audio Podcasts and still have over 3 gigs free on my 8GB Touch.

5. Barett thread starter macrumors newbie

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

i managed to fill my 8G IPT with mostly videos, also, i think the meathod of movie compression to the IPT has changed, as i had 4gig ov vids on my pod, then it went to 6 after 1.1.3 update

7. Barett thread starter macrumors newbie

How many movies is that?? That is where my quandry is, I am computer illiterate, lol, so I think an 8 will do.