Thinking about buying a Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gillilandboy, May 2, 2007.

1. gillilandboy macrumors 6502

Ok I was just thinking about buying a macbook and what should I do applecare wise? I don't really understand what it is? if I like trow my macbook out of my car will they give me a new one or what?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Probably not. Have you read this? AppleCare basically extends your standard hardware warranty from one year to three years. You can purchase it at any stage of the first year in which you have your MacBook. It's a basic warranty service, not an insurance policy. :)

3. gillilandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there anything like this? I would be willing to pay. I am a 15 year old kid and I try to keep my stuff all nice but it always ends of breaking :(.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well if you really trow hard, you might be able to stop yourself from damaging it. Maybe talk to a local insurance company about getting it covered. Talk to your parents about what's covered in their home & contents insurance. :)

5. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Regular household insurance policy? Talk to your dad.

EDIT: Nope, I don't have any Jewish Candy... (Mad Jew beats me to it as usual).

6. gillilandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

7. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

I'd suggest the Applecare anyways as a *just in case* measure if something goes wrong with it. But know that you'll be covered for the first year, so maybe save for it and get it in 10 months or so after buying it.

Speaking of which, I need to get mine before 6/6. *CRAP*