Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diegobgr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Hi.

I have send back the replacement yesterday.

Both have the same problems : yellow tint, dust under the glass, some dead pixels...

Now, I don't know what to do.

I noticed that the Macbook Pro doesn't suffer this ******* problems, so I have stated to think about change the iMac for a Macbook Pro.

Well, I will loose the big 21,5" screen, but I can get a good Dell screen.

On the other hand, I don't need portability, I just like it.

I will use for photography, iWork, and games.

Retrostarscream

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2010
Miami FL
That's Unfortunate that both systems suffered from the same faults. Well I own a 2010 15" MBP i5 (reburb mind you) & it really doesn't have any of those issues. I have read through these forums long enough to know those particular issues don't really haunt the MBP models.

I am aware though that the issues you described are well documented on the iMacs.

I currently have a 23" ACD / MBP setup & suffices for both my High Res / Screen Real Estate as well as Portability needs well, although I admit I don't use it for portability much.

I say try your luck with a MBP & see if it fits your needs.

existe

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
I ended up doing that very thing...I did not want to deal with the headache of it all, my first 27" I7 IMac had the high pitch monitor noise if the brightness was between 10% and 90%. I had a 13" MBP I sold on ebay, traded the 27" IMac in and got the 15" I7 and hooked it up to a 24" monitor I already had.

Works fine for what I needed it for (Audio and Video work) but you will need to make that call. The IMac I7 is faster than the MBP I7 (http://barefeats.com/imac10c.html) if that matters.

The 27" screen was awesome though! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.