Thinking About Deleting My Google Account & Starting Anew

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Jan 5, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'm considering deleting my Google account i've had for about 3 years now. This all began when I closed my YouTube account due to having a lame user name but even after deleting it the YouTube account was still associated with my Google Account. This is a known issue but Google isn't addressing it and has gotten many people upset.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=6d48c5f5c387a6f5&hl=en#all

Now the only way I can start anew is by deleting my google account but not before I forward all my email one by one to my new Google email account.

Plus I'd like to move everything to one single email account to prep for when I get the Google Nuxus One from Verizon.

I'm aware if I delete my current Google Account i'll forever lose Google Bookmarks; a reason many people have kept their old email account...but, i feel it may be time to move on.

figured i'd post this here just in case any random person reading this may have some piece of information i may have missed about either deleting or getting a new account.

2. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Is there no way to export all your emails from one gmail account and import it to another?

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I current have 3 emails, all from Google.

One main and 2 lesser important ones. The lesser important gmails show up on my main gmail account. The lesser gmails; one is mainly for random online subscription over the years and the other is for accounts associated with Amazon and the similar. I'd have no problem going through each email one by one and changing the email (for example Amazon or Paypal) to my main gmail account, and though time consuming (maybe 2 hours) i'd be more than willing to do this as this is my desired outcome; to have only one Google account (my main one) to house everything, rather than having things spaced out between 3. . .

But the issue is mainly concerning with YouTube, which for the past so many months, YouTube accounts are directly associated with your Google account. I'm currently using many of Google's services on my main google account, the account i'm on most, if not all of the time, even now. I use Reader everyday, News is customized, Google Notebook (though willing to give it up), Gcal, Picasa, etc. The real b*tch here is that there is no way to unlike your Google account with your YouTube account and this is what i'm attempting to do.

I have tons of personal photos on my Mac that are currently in my private Picasa web albums but I have even more video content on my Mac i'd like to have uploaded to share with family. I'd like to create a new YouTube user name, and have it associated with my main google account but my old YouTube user account (w/ a lame username) is locked with my main google account.

The original link i provided shows the frustration many people in my situation are having. All I (and others) want are to be able to unlink a YouTube account with your Google Account so you can create a new YouTube account to be associated with.

4. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

I suggest lavabit - IMAP. The cost is insignificant compared to what you get.
    The emailis encrypted on the servers - so while Google turns your info over to the NSA - Lavabit encrypts it.
    So yeah.

5. jonesjb macrumors member