All iPads Thinking about ditching my iPad 2 for a Mini.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Adam1, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Adam1 macrumors newbie

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

If you feel like you can benefit from the screen-size, why not? :)

3. Adam1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Idk I am just bored of my iPad2 and also I might just wait to see what the new ones coming out will be like.

4. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

iPad mini is amazing thinking about putting my ipad 2 on Craigslist or something. It's just the perfect size, weight and all around.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you are bored of your iPad, what difference do you think a mini will make? It's basically just an iPad with a smaller screen.

6. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

The Lightning port provides weeks of entertainment!

7. RadDave macrumors regular

RadDave

LOL :D - I have the iPad 2 & wife has the Mini - love mine & she likes her device - this is a personal decision - can't really advise, BUT agree if you're bored w/ the bigger iPad, then why should the smaller one not bore you also - just wondering? :)

8. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

I sold my IPad 2' and now have the IPad Mini, I really like it;)

9. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

u have my vote.

Last night i drop it on my nose playing it in bed because i dont want to put it on the bed and hurt my back using it. Its getting annoying, maybe if they can't make a tablet this size be lighter then getting a mini not such a bad idea. Espicially if you are being sick and want a more comfortable device which u can hold up more than 1 way.

10. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

I think that's a great idea, the mini is a brilliant little device :)

11. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I would say try it out!

Since you dont have a 3 or 4, you arent used to the retina screen. So you will have absolutely no complaints over switching.

I sold my iPad 3 and bought the mini; and I would do it again tomorrow if I could.

Though wait for the iPad mini 2 and iPad 5 announcement later this year, you will have a larger selection. I myself am considering going back to a full size iPad if the form factor is right.

12. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

I sold my iPad 4 and picked up a mini and have adjusted to it very well. The plan was to run with this until the iPad 5 with the new design is released but I'm toying with the idea of sticking with the mini now - albeit I'll pick up a refreshed mini if it has a retina screen or much improved internal specs i.e. cpu & ram.

13. The Man macrumors 6502

I've had an iPad 2 and a mini. iPad 2 is good for typing -- I make more mistakes on my mini -- but the weight of the mini is wonderful. Also it is possible to do thumb typing with the mini. After using them side by side for a couple of months, I've given the iPad 2 to my mom and I'm keeping the mini. Maybe I'm going to buy that Wacom Bluetooth stylus to go with it.

14. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

I have an iPad 4, and use my Mini exclusively now. The Mini fits in my pants pocket (Dockers type), and can be used discretely, in bed, etc.

15. The Man macrumors 6502

Isn't it funny how perception of what is useful changes? That's why I think the mini retina will outsell the normal iPad -- although the iPad 5 is looking mighty slim and thin. The mini is the pocket computer to always bring with you. And yes, it's so easy to hold in bed. :)

16. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

This is why I'm not convinced we will see a retina mini with the next refresh. I can see a bump in cpu and memory - the latter is badly needed imho but add in a retina screen and there isn't a whole lot of extra benefit in going for the pricier, larger model. I prefer the bigger screen but at the current price difference, I'm more than happy with the mini although I am thinking of both - 5 for at home and the mini for travel/work.
    What concerns me though is a retina adding bulk/weight to the mini or forcing the price up potentially negating one or two of its benefits.

17. beckyww macrumors newbie

The iPad mini is a great purse size. My daughter carries hers everywhere - and I've been known to borrow it while we're out. My iPad is too big for my purse and my iPhone has gotten harder to read with passing time.

18. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Tried an iPad 2 because it had a larger screen than the Mini and it was cheaper than the 3 or 4 but the Mini won out anyway. Its cost and portability equals PRICELESS! :)

19. Robster3 macrumors 68000

iPad for bigger web browsing and video/tv and if you don't need to carry it all day.
    Mini for those who have to lug it everywhere.

I wouldn't buy a mini now wait and see if it gets retina. Get a refurb iPad 4 and see if you like it. If not send it back. Thats what i did.

My mini is going on Ebay.