thinking about getting an iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris200x9, Sep 1, 2007.

  1. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

    Jun 3, 2006
    but before I decide I want to know if i should wait untill it gets 3g the reason being I am afraided of everyone upgrading eventualy thier cell provider to 3g and having no one support EDGE anymore rendering the iphone useless is this a realistic concern? should i wait?
  2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

    Jun 20, 2007

    Get one now.

    My Best Phone Ever.

    If you are really worried. Buy the 8gig and sell it one year from now for about half.

    iPhone 2.0 cost to you?

    $300 or so.
  3. Noumenon macrumors regular

    Jun 30, 2007
    There is ALWAYS better technology imminent, so if you can justify waiting for the next better thing, you can justify never buying anything ever.

    The EDGE network is not nearly as bad as people say. I usually get 200kb/s and that is quite useful.

    There are millions of phones that use EDGE out there, so the network will be around for years.

Share This Page