Thinking about getting the 8 plus instead of the X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenfrey, Sep 18, 2017.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Purchase whatever works best for your situation. I'm not sure how that would make you crazy for something that you have a personal preference for.

3. Creep89 macrumors 6502

I don’t think so. I’m also getting an iPhone 8 Plus and wait for the bigger iPhone X next year.

4. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Really need more people to think like you. You're amazing!

5. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

I just think I want to wait till they iron out first product teething problems and maybe see if they remove the notch. I bought the Apple Watch at release and then 6 months later they bought out an updated series 1 with a faster processor. Felt gutted.

6. mwhals macrumors 6502

mwhals

I don't like the idea of often having IR shot at my face. Does it have long term health effects? Only time will tell.

7. shanshor macrumors regular

Absolutely not. IR by definition is a very low-power of radiation, even less energetic than visible light. It’s the other end of the spectrum, UV and beyond, where you might need to worry.

8. adam1314 macrumors newbie

I'm considering going with the 8 plus as well for the following reasons:
    - The X has a later release than the 8 and 8 plus
    - Lack of availability will likely push the chance of getting an X into 2018
    - This will mess up my annual upgrade schedule with AT&T. What happens when the next generation X comes out in September of 2018 of next year, but I didn't get my current gen X until early 2018? You will find your self upgrading in the middle of an upgrade cycle every year.
    - I'm not a big fan of the notch. I might change my mind when I hold the X, but just on ordering sight unseen, I don't like it.
    - The 8 plus gets slightly better battery life than the X.
    - The 8 plus shows more information on the screen than the X. The X has the bigger screen, but it is more narrow, which will affect how much information you can seen when browsing.

Having said all of this, I would go for the X if it were available this weekend. The big deciding factor for me is the lack of availability and messing up my annual upgrade schedule. These are just my reasons, and everyone's situation and needs are different.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Same here.

10. upandown macrumors 6502a

Well done sir. Stating something based on fact other than speculating and being worried about something one has no knowledge of.

11. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

You have trillions of neutrinos passing through your body every day and you're worried about IR? :D

12. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

The series 1 did not come out 6 months after the original Apple Watch.

13. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

I'm sticking with my iPhone 7. Not getting the 8, 8 plus, or iPhone X. Am I crazy?

14. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Not at all.

15. spooky23 macrumors 6502

spooky23

What happens next year when we get the XI and they fix it up but the notch is still there because...well...Apple.