Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Thinking about going switching and going back to the non retina macbook pro. question

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I bought a maxed out retina version for audio production but am now wanting to go to non retina maxed out... I've only had the laptop for 2 days so I'm still within the 14 day return period.. However, I used the $100 gift card I received with the laptop. Can i still return without any problems?

calderone

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2009
Seattle
Yes, you were charged for the gift card and $100 was removed from the cost of the computer.

So you end up having paid for the $100 gift card if you return.

Comment

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I'm looking to return the retina and exchange basically for a non retina. So they're going to charge me $100 for a giftcard I was going to get regardless? wth

Comment

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
I'm looking to return the retina and exchange basically for a non retina. So they're going to charge me $100 for a giftcard I was going to get regardless? wth

They shouldn't charge you if you do an exchange I would not think.

If you get a refund, then you would get the refund back less $100 I think.

Comment

calderone

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2009
Seattle

You may be able to work out an exchange.

If you straight return, you get the cost of the MBP back less $100.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.