Thinking about Jailbreaking, couple questions.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Earlet9, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Earlet9 macrumors member

Hey guys. first post, but I've been reading for a while. Anyway, i've had my iPhone since September, and I am now considering unlocking it. First of all, is it worth it? I mean I'll only be doing it for the Apps, are they THAT great and necessary? Second, how safe is it? Have there been many bricked iPhones, and if so, what happens then? Also, whats the easiest way to do it? Thanks, any help is appreciated.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Is it worth it?? That's for you to decide once you've done it. There's no reason not to considering how quick and easy it is and how easy it is to restore it. Summerboard is fun to play with tho. ;)

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Oh and ZiPhone is the quick and easy method I was referring to.

4. Earlet9 thread starter macrumors member

Well thanks for the quick reply. I used ZiPhone, it worked, I guess. Messing with install.app, but I dont know how to do it... i want a different theme, so how do i do it? i was messing with summerboard, but how does that work?

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

There are plenty guides all around the internet. Just google some stuff you see in installer and your answer will await you.

6. Earlet9 thread starter macrumors member

well, i am using 1.1.4. can i still change themes? i dont even know where to begin when i google because theres TOO much stuff out there, and its confusing.

7. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

All you need to do is glance at the other iphone subforum here and all the info is there.
    Yes it works with 1.1.4.

8. Earlet9 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, i will check that out. but now, after i installed summberboard (after it giving me errors the first couple times), i went back and checked out some of the themes, and theres like half there. as for the other packages, theres only a couple there total....