Thinking about making my own guide

Discussion in 'iMac' started by classof2011, Jun 22, 2007.

1. classof2011 macrumors regular

For iMac G3 dis-assembly and things like that. There's been a few people who've been wanting to upgrade theirs like I did to mine...

So if I make a guide with pictures, steps, details, etc....will Mods be able to make it a locked thread/guide that people interested in iMac G3 upgrading can view?

Just wanted to know what Mods would do if I prepared it and submitted it :eek:

2. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

I would love to read your guide. I'm actually thinking of upgrading mine in the future.

As for the Moderators I'm not sure, but if you put it on a website of your own I'm sure you'd get alot of hits.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You can certainly put together a Guide page for it...I think it would be quite helpful. The MacRumors Guides are just Wiki software, so if you're familiar with Wikipedia, creating a Guide here will be a snap. And if you have issues, there are a few users (notably HexMonkey) who keep an eye on things and can spiffy up your entry or give you a few pointers.

4. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

I could throw my two cents in no problem. Since the strawberry was given to me, i now can take pictures of almost every major g3 hardware revision.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think it's a great idea. I think you should put it in the guides.macrumors.com wikis, as mentioned, though. And you can all work on it together. It sounds like it'd be a great addition. :)