Thinking about making the switch over for career purposes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Freemaj, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Freemaj macrumors newbie

I am a photography/journalism major in college and I am using a PC laptop. Soon I will be getting enough money to buy a macbook, or macbook pro and I am trying to convience myself to make the switch over. When working with photography I see everyone around me using macs and I am wondering if programs like Photoshop,Lightroom,Premiere, Etc work better with apple products or is everyone around me just jumping onto the bandwagon.. Just kind of trying to decide on these.

thanks for any of the suggestions!

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

I've been photographing landscapes and such for a hobby for years. I didn't have my own computer until I bought my MBP in October. My old roomate had an old PC (well he upgraded it, and then bought a new one) that was basically mine. I really didn't notice any limitations, other than it wasn't maxed out on RAM (maybe had 2GB and was a 2GHZ machine)...

It just comes down to personal preference. I chose Mac, because at school there are some 8 MAC computer labs, and a lot of my classes happened to be in those labs. There are also 9 window labs. Both platforms are tools to get the job done, just as cameras are. I wanted a Mac for many a years, but never got one, until I got my MBP!! I love the machine.

If you chose to get a Mac, you WILL NOT be disappointed!!!