So my rMBP has decided to go on the fritz again. This will be its 4th repair (previous repairs include 2 logic boards and 2 LCDs) and the machine isn't even a year and a half old yet. Since the MBPs have never been reliable for me, I'm thinking of ditching portable Macs altogether and getting a nMP to be used along with my oMP. Problem is, I can't decided if I do go this route if I should get a refurb of the current model, or wait until the next one is out with (hopefully) Haswell or Broadwell Xeons and get the baseline of that. What the machine will basically be used for is FCPX prosumer video editing (plus Compressor), some light Aperture usage, etc. With this in mind, if I get a refurb current model, would it be wise to get the baseline model or something with beefier specs (Proc, video card, SSD)? I'm comfortable upgrading the machine myself as long as it's out of warranty (so I don't void it). Please chime in! I'd love some insight on this. Thanks!