Thinking about picking up an iPhone SE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DevinNj, Sep 29, 2016.

1. DevinNj macrumors regular

Target has a deal until Saturday $200 gift card w device payment plan. Found it accidentally today. Not really a question, just a general statement I guess, and thought I'd give everyone the heads up.

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

If I have such a deal, I would consider buying it whether I have an iPhone or not.

3. yep-sure macrumors 6502

yep-sure

Do it. I've had one for a week, and the SE might just be my favourite iPhone ever. The battery life is amazing, and you forget how easy and good it feels to use a phone one handed. Typing, taking photos, walking with it in your pocket, is SO much easier. I adjusted to the screen size after a couple of hours. Not to mention, the 5 series form factor is my favourite and feels much better in hand the 'bar of soap' 6/7 series.

Now the 6S feels like a Plus and feels comically large. I'll be selling the 6S shortly and won't be looking back.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Whatever you do, just don't buy a 16 gb phone. It should not be legal to sell 16 gb phones in 2016.

5. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Agreed. The SE is amazing however, as most have said. Battery life is awesome (on 9, haven't updated it to 10)

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Recently sold my SE. It was a fantastic iPhone. Needed the extra screen space. But if I could back, I would. Sounds like a good deal.

7. DevinNj thread starter macrumors regular

Personally the 5s has always been my favorite form factor. I don't mind the screen size, but I hate the small keyboard. I'm just going to pass some time and pick up a 7plus after a few bugs get worked out.

Yeah really, my temp phone right now is an 8gb 4s, I sold my 6s in preparation for the 7plus, I have very few of my apps on it and less than 1g left in storage. WTF?

8. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Why??? The screen on that iPhone is the same size as a business card. That's just too small to look at. I realize we all had that size iPhone in the past, because that's all Apple had to offer. However I'd never think of going back to that size after having the 7 plus

9. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

It's a great little phone i love my iPhone SE than any other bulky phone

10. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

Yes, if you take advantage of this, go for the 64GB. You will be glad you did! I still have mine as a backup/ beta testing phone in the future. Otherwise, it was an all around great phone!

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

True. If all you were subjected to was a 4 inch screen, then it would be easy to to adjust to. Once You try the 5.5 iPhone and then try the 4 inch SE, it would almost seem impossible to go back.

12. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I am using plus models ever since they came out as my main phone and using iPhone SE (iPhone 5S before) as my backup phone + pedometer and adding iPhone 7 Jet black this year to complete the lineup (i love switching between sizes)

13. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

Go for the SE man! I've got my SE a week ago and it's the best phone for me! I could have bought the 6s but the big screen it's not for me.

14. Math889 macrumors 65816

I went
    I went to the 6 Plus to the SE. Yes , it's possible to go back!

15. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If they allowed this for T-Mobile I would actually bite and have the SE as my running phone lol.

16. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

Even though I wouldn't go back to it the 5s/se design was/is my favorite iphone design.

17. Math889 macrumors 65816

Look the IPhone line up this year .

iPhone 7,7Plus
    6s,SE,6S Plus
    There are more devices which uses the A9 processor than A10 processor in the current line up. Interesting