Thinking about picking up iPad 2

TC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
A month or two ago I posted on here about getting one. Well nows the time.
Would you still get one?
Should I get one or should I really wait? Even though its halfway through its life cycle.
I'm also thinking about getting the Smart-cover and a cheap plastic see through case that is also Smart-cover compatible.
I've been seeing all these rumors about the HD which I don't think are true. Just doesn't seem like Apple. :apple:

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
I'd probably wait at least until after the iPhone event in Sept. If there's any iPad 2 HD, it'll most likely be announced during that event.

Comment

aleni

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2006
do u really need the iPad 2? well i don't really need it because i already have 11" MBA, an iPhone 4 and a sandy bridge Macbook Pro (for work).

but the hell with that! i got the iPad 2 and now my Macbook Air is collecting dusts on the table. :D

i'd say go for it! u'll love it!

Comment

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
do u really need the iPad 2? well i don't really need it because i already have 11" MBA, an iPhone 4 and a sandy bridge Macbook Pro (for work).

but the hell with that! i got the iPad 2 and now my Macbook Air is collecting dusts on the table. :D

i'd say go for it! u'll love it!
Same here except I have an iMac, MBA and iPhone 4. The MBA hardly ever gets used and I'm finding more and more ways to replace it with my iPad. The iPhone 4 gets used almost exclusively as a phone unless I really need internet in a pinch.

Comment

solowmodel

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
I ordered a 32Gb 3G for my father's birthday today. Even if an update comes in September, I'm sure he'll be making great use of it (at least I hope so!!).

Comment

Arcadia310

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2010
If you really want it, get it now. If you can wait, see what Apple announces later this year.

Comment

roberthodgson

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
The Ipad is a Great product and Apples support and warrantys can not be beat, No other company will replace your unit on the spot if there is a problem. I bought mine on launch day and I would buy it again in a second.

Comment

taipan61

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
corner starbucks
personally i would get one (and yes i'd buy one again) there are a few shortfalls but they are generally minor unless you are a power user.
and if all these rumors come to fruition, then you can always sell it and use the $$ to upgrade to the current model

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.