Thinking about purchasing black macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Collegebound89, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Collegebound89 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, im thinking about buying a black macbook , id like to use this computer for college everyone i know who has or had a macbook has nothing but good stuff to say about it but earlier i stumbled across this site and it worries me does anyone know if these problems are still issues with the newer macbooks?? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.appledefects.com/wiki/index.php?title=MacBook

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

The Black Macbook isn't a part of the Pro line.

3. Collegebound89 thread starter macrumors newbie

im sorry i posted the wrong link, i corrected it.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

That site simply takes every horror story that has happened (which happens to ALL products) and documents all of them.

I think it's pretty safe to say, with a one year warranty, the Apple Care option, etc., you're good to go.

EDIT:

Front page reads as follows:

5. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I have owned Macbooks(2) for 4 years and had just one problem(pixel problem 2 yrs ago) and Apple fixed it in 2 days. I love my Blackbook and haven't had 1 problem with it.

6. Collegebound89 thread starter macrumors newbie

ohh ok that makes me feel a whole lot better thankyou both for ur help!

7. embalmess macrumors member

Funny.... I bought a black macbook, had to take it back two days later due to going black (screen) but got a replacement with no problems and this one is great!!! :D:D:D

Go for it! You have 2 weeks to return it should anything go wrong!

8. stoich macrumors member

Awesome laptop

Id have to agree all products have problems once and awhile. I personally have the black macbook and I have to say it as an awesome device and would definatley fulfill all your needs for college and more. Highly recommended! I also got this Ghost Armor stuff put on it at fiesta mall so it looks glossy and doesnt scratch. Cool too. But yeah buy the laptop fo sho!

9. Collegebound89 thread starter macrumors newbie

how is everyones battery life? thats gonna be my number one priority.

10. embalmess macrumors member

11. stoich macrumors member

Not bad, Extended battery might be good

eh well it depends what functions your using on it. But its pretty competitive compared to other laptops. My suggestion is just try to keep it plugged in. Also I heard they had extended batteries for them as well. They were at the CES show. Not sure if they have them for ours. Research it a little that might be your best bet

12. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Keep it plugged in?

Keeping it plugged in ruins battery life, does it not?

13. Collegebound89 thread starter macrumors newbie

if you plug it in you definitly need to take ur battery out unless your charging it ofcourse!@

14. stoich macrumors member

No keeping it plugged it does not ruin it. Lithium Ion batteries are pretty much good for 400 full recharges before they start losing they're charge.

So basically if you let it die all the way and then recharge it that would be considered 1 full charge. If you let it run down to half charge then charge full that would be considered a 1/2 charge.

If you leave it plugged in it would basically be doing the same thing. You cannot overcharge it or hurt it by leaving it plugged in.

15. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

16. Collegebound89 thread starter macrumors newbie

i am sooo excited to get my black macbook! Anything exciting that comes pre installed?

17. FloridaBSD macrumors newbie

Two suggestions.

Always spend the extra money on the three year warranty, and avoid any plastic incased notebooks as plastic is a poor conductor of heat and may cause the machine to overheat frequently , if you must get a notebook that has a plastic case make sure to purchase notebook cooler in addition.

18. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I have never had that problem and I have had Macbooks for over 3 years. Plastic cases have their advantages over aluminum also.