Thinking about refurb MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by computergeek, Jan 16, 2008.

1. computergeek macrumors member

As the topic saids i am thinking about getting a refrub MBP. I was just wondering what you think, is this a good or bad idea? Is there anything that i should know or watch for?

Thanks in Advanced
    Computergeek:apple:

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Refurbs are less likely to come with defects than new models are. The only difference you'll notice will be the box they ship in.

3. burp43 macrumors newbie

I ordered one yesterday, and it's scheduled for delivery tommorrow! :)

I've bought re-furbed Ipods that you can't tell from new, and from everything I've read the computers are the same. I have no qualms about my order.

4. Spizzo macrumors 6502

I bought a refurb'd iMac last spring, and love it. No problems at all. I don't know if I would ever buy a new mac product vs. refurb'd. You get the same thing, same warranty, less $$$. :D

5. mr. buttons macrumors newbie

just got a refurbished macbook pro 2.4, 2gb, 160gg, & glossy screen to replace my 2003 ibook g4. It is coming in a week so ill keep you guys posted on how the quality and condition of it is.

I am so excited!

6. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

i am sat on my refurb black macbook. ITS GREAT!!! its a macbook for less money...whats the down side?? i am thinking about macbook pro refurb too.....very tempting!

7. mantic macrumors 6502a

I say go for it. nothing but good to say about the 2.33 refurb i bought 3/07. Speaking of which. I need to activate my applecare before it's to late.:cool: