iPad mini Thinking about returning ipad mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dragon671556, Dec 31, 2013.

1. dragon671556 macrumors member

dragon671556

Ok I've made a few posts. I purchased ipad mini G1 on 12/20/13 so I've had it for almost 2 weeks. I love my mini. I have a digital magazine I get and today at the doctor's office I was reading my magazine. It seemed some pages were hard to read. So I'm thinking about returning this to walmart and getting the rmini.

I have several apps installed-32 actually and some songs. I do not have an icloud account set up on the device so will just doing this: Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings.; clear all my info off the mini so I can get a newer one?

Thanks

2. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Seems like a no brainer to me. You'll definitely feel pleased with high quality display...

3. dragon671556 thread starter macrumors member

dragon671556

But is that the right steps to delete everything off the ipad? The ipad and my iphone I purchased in April are my first idevices so I'm new to this but will learn quickly. Thankfully I'll be within the 15 days return policy when I return it either on Thursday or Friday....just barely though.

4. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

The erase procedure you described is correct. All of your information will be erased from the tablet.

5. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Yeah, turn off find my ipad, backup to iTunes if you want to restore to the new one, and wipe it out.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd definitely go with the rMini, the screen was the main reason why I upgraded from the old mini to the rMini and I've not regretted that decision one iota (the wife now has my old mini).

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you aren't going to backup to iTunes, you should backup to iCloud.

8. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

100% return it for the rMini!

9. tobeornottobe macrumors regular

For reading magazines iPad air would be way better than rmini