Thinking about selling 23" cinema display, what should I buy to replace?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by spkandwhl, Jun 10, 2010.

1. spkandwhl macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm wondering if I am crazy to sell my 23" cinema display. I hear the resale value is really strong and I just bought a 27" imac to replace my 24" imac.

I work as a book designer/typesetter and I'll still need a 2nd monitor when I'm working in InDesign. The 27" is the perfect book design computer, but when making corrections, I need the 2nd screen to look at the marked up PDF of the book pages and the main screen for the InDesign file I'm correcting.

What sites do you use to get a good idea of price before offering something on CL or eBay (besides those 2 themselves)? I've looked at MegaMacs.com.

If I do sell it, I'd be looking for a second monitor around $300–400 with decent color (I don't do color correction work), VESA-mount compatible, and the ability to rotate (today's displays aren't tall enough to fit an 8.5" by 11" page and I need to rotate it 90º to get the full page in view). I'm looking at the Dell Ultrasharp 23". Any other monitors I should look at in my price range?

Thanks for any advice!

2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Frankly, I'd keep the 23" display! It's a fantastic monitor and has great color and no glare.