Thinking about selling iMac 27 inch 2010

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PeteyV, May 13, 2012.

1. PeteyV macrumors member

I'm thinking about selling my iMac 2010 27 i7 to pick up a new macbook pro and macbook air considering what they'll consist of after the update is released. My question now is what would be the fair price for it? It has 12GB of ram installed and apple care until February 2014. Any input?

2. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

Wouldn't it be better to keep the iMac and just get an updated Air? Two portables seem a bit redundant, in my opinion, unless the other portable is an iPad.

3. PeteyV thread starter macrumors member

Yes you're right about that, but the fact of the matter is that the iMac does not get much use in my home anymore unless its by me. I'm just getting a feel for how much I can get for the iMac if I need the money to purchase 2 portables for 2 people in my home. If I can convince the significant other that she does not need her own portable I would be fine just purchasing 1. Then, however, arises the question of whether to get the 13 inch Air or 15 inch MBP since I already have a 13 MBP and sometimes feel I do not have enough room on the screen (why I went overboard and purchased the 27inch iMac).

4. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

My apologies, I was assuming you were using both.

Hmm...don't take my word for this, but how about a grand?

5. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

6. Nandifix macrumors 6502

Probably around 1000 pounds due to the old 2010 processors. Sell it now before the new one comes out and it is still only 1 generation old.

7. PeteyV thread starter macrumors member

So I'm looking at about 1,000-1,200 for a 2 year old iMac? Does the apple care warranty until 2014 add anything?