Thinking about selling iPad and getting 11" MBA

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Harmush, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Do you think this is a wise idea?

I don't really use my iPad much anymore, but love the portability. If i am at home I always use my MBP 15" and normally will be happy to carry the MBP in my rucksack, because most the time in University I need a full OS to do my work.
    E.g. Watch flash videos, log-on to windows, using remote desktop.

Do you think that I should swap my iPad for a 11" MBA or carry on the way i am with my 15" and my hardly used iPad?

2. Kauai macrumors 6502a

You would be better off putting a large SSD in your MBP for that money.

3. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

It's a great content delivery device. So you're probably doing the right thing but looking move on to a MBA for productivity work. Good time of year to sell it on as well!

4. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

I have considered this. And it definitely still is an option.

Yeah thanks whats I'm thinking. I just really think its just as portable and an Air would serve me much better in university. Just because its got the full OS on it if anything else.

5. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

11" Air is really nice and portable - so light and dinky. Feels somehow more robust than the old 13" too.

I suggested this sort of swap for my gf when the 11 came out - she used a 13" Air and had got an iPad for greater portability, but had never weaned herself off the Air - always finding some work thing she couldn't (be bothered to work out how to) do on the iPad.

She got one anyway when the 13 died with a knackered hinge, but couldn't bring herself to give up the iPad - which she was finally getting into using (for Facebook and watching Glee in bed...) :)

6. King Luis macrumors 6502

7. nizmoz macrumors 65816

I had a IPAD and sold it for a MBP 13" over a MBA which I originally was selling it for. The Pro is just more bang for the buck and is small and light enough for my use vs my Dell XPS 16 I had which was a tank.

8. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Sell Ipad For 11 in MBA

I have both, as well as an Imac. If I had to get rid of one for some strange reason, the Ipad would go. Glad I don't have to make that decision. That's one advantage of being old

9. gsampson85 macrumors newbie

I had an iPad and a 13' Macbook Pro (also iMac as primary). I'm a student too, and HATED lugging around my Macbook! No room in my bag, and carrying all those heavy books along with it made it difficult. I bought the iPad to ease some of that pain, but I still needed the Macbook for work.

So- I sold the iPad and Macbook and got the new 11in MBA. I then missed my iPad and got another iPad. I'm using my MBA much more than my iPad, but I still am glad that I have both. Considering selling the iPad after my trip abroad next month though...

In my view- sell and get the MBA. You'll love how small it is and how easy it is to take anywhere.