Thinking about selling my MB, upgrading

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by State10, Jun 20, 2014.

1. State10 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question in, but I'm thinking about selling my MB Air and upgrading to a new MB Pro.

I have a 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Air with 4GB memory and 256GB SSD. It is the mid-2011 "ultimate" version.

I'm trying to get a good idea of what I could expect to sell it for, and if there are any sites other than eBay that you recommend selling on.

Thanks!

2. idelgado782 macrumors newbie

I sold my 2008 unibody macbook on Gazelle this week for $203 best was only offering me $140. I might have been able to get more through craigslist but I didn't want to take the chance of it not selling right away, and then having to meet someone etc. I've used gazelle before and I think their prices are fair and give more than best buy trade in for instance. If you have paypal you get your money quicker if not they will mail you a check. They also process it quickly. See of you can get a quote on gazelle and if you'd be happy with that amount. Also not sure if you knew but apple also has a trade in program for thief computers and they give you an apple gift card. Just an FYI.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Looking at eBay past auctions to get an average is a good idea. If selling locally, take 5-10% off the eBay average.