Thinking about switching carriers...need advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by reese.reimers, May 16, 2009.

1. reese.reimers macrumors newbie

So I know this is a mac forum, but I figured I would come here to get some advice. I am currently on AT&T and have a first generation iPhone. I absolutely love the phone...but HATE the service. One moment I'll have full bars, and the next I wont have service. I vary rarely have service indoors and if I do I end up having to go outside because the call is breaking up so badly. So, long story short, I am probably going to end up switching to Verizon. The only thing really holding me back is their lack of a decent replacement for the iPhone. I was thinking about the Storm but I have seen so many poor reviews on it. So, I figured you guys would be a little more critical about what phone to replace the iPhone. Thanks

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Don't replace the iPhone. Get one of these:
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/9823/

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I understand the Storm 2 is coming out soon-ish. I can't say when but I hear it fixes some of the physical issues the first one had. Even with those issues the Storm 1 is a great still. If you don't like that the LG Dare is also quite nice and probably semi suitable replacement of the iPhone.