Thinking about upgrading from 2013 15" - advice needed!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jimbo91, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Jimbo91 macrumors newbie

Jimbo91

Evening guys,

I'd appreciate your thoughts on my conundrum.

I have a 2013 15 inch Macbook pro (MacBook Pro 11,2, i7 2GHz, 8gb ram, 256gb SSD - Iris graphics no GPU). It has served me well, I work in Architecture and I mainly use it with Vectorworks, Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign (in addition to usual office stuff).

I really like the look of the new macbook pro's but I'm torn between the 15 and 13 inch models. Preferably I would go for the 13" as I have to move around a lot and I appreciate the form factor, however I am concerned that the dual core processor would slow my workflow down.

The lower price also makes it more attractive - I've used 13" pro's before and I don't mind the smaller screen. I have access to more powerful computers when I need them, but I cannot justify forking out for a laptop less powerful than my current Macbook, if you see what I mean..

Could anyone give me an idea of how well a 13" might compare to my current 2013 Pro? (I'm not very well versed in benchmarks and all the rest!).

Any advice would be appreciated! Also this is my first post so please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place or anything.

Happy holidays all,

Jim

2. Jimbo91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jimbo91