thinking about upgrading to 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisbone123, Dec 11, 2008.

1. chrisbone123 macrumors newbie

ok guys I need ur opinion on the 3G , I had one when it was first released but was dissappointed with all the bugs and service issues. So I went back to the 2G, a couple months have passed and I'm think bout buying myself one for Christmas.

So all my 3G owners ( Espically all my NY heads, I live in queens) how is the phone bugs and 3G service coverage.

Is now a good time to go back or should wait a litle longer.
    I really want that 3G speed for my email and internet.

Thanks for the help.

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I think at this point in the game I would wait until MWSF 09' is over and all the press conferences are over. You may be able to score a new 32GB, or get a lower model at a better price. Too bad I live in upstate NY and can't give any personal experience advise, but I would say the 3G is MUCH less buggy at this point.

3. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

I live in Syracuse and my opinion is 3G is overrated. Unless you really need it, I would wait as Auzburner said. The only way I would possibly upgrade my phone now would be if a 32GB or 64GB becomes available

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It depends on where you live. Where I am, 3G is about 5x faster than EDGE and I'm addicted to it. If I don't have a 3G signal I just avoid the web altogether. Seriously, I'd rather just not view a page than deal with EDGE speeds.

When I visited New York city this year, EDGE and 3G were about the same. So I don't know about Queens, but if it's the same there I wouldn't bother.