THinking about using TV for somputer display..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ramw5p, Nov 26, 2010.

1. ramw5p macrumors member

Any advice. I have room for one monitor in my den, and i would like to make it a tv. I can wall mount it and free up space on my desk..and it can be a little more multi purpose. I went shopping today and found lots of 32 [ i sit about 3-5 feet from where monitor will be] for right at 300...250 for off brand. LG, Samsung, Sharp..all arounf 300 for 720. 380 gets me 1080, or around 380 gets me 720 led....so any thought or input??? I can spend more. Do i need 1080, or can i save the 80 and get an apple tv....or since this will be a computer monitor a lot do i need 1080......not a big gamer..in school for masters, so lots of online research and papers. Thanks

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

720 is a VERY low resolution computer display. 1080 is the minimum and even that is rather lowres for a 30", Note that even a cheap, generic Dell 30" monitor has 1600 lines. Computers, unlike TVs some times need to display small text.

It you only have room for one screen get a computer monitor that also happens to have a TV input.