Thinking about ....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by taylor200588, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

... selling my beloved Macbook. Had him since 2007 and used him nearly every single day. The new Macbook Pro's are very tempting, Im needing something with a bit more ooompf in the graphics department and was considering how much I would get for my mac

Its a Macbook (duh) 2,1 , 320GB hard drive 7200rpm, 1GB Ram, 2.0GHz, runs OSX Snow Leopard, iWorks 08 and CS4 suit (Photoshop, Flash, blah blah) installed. It'll come with all the original packaging, remote, a red clip on case and a carrying sleeve.

Its got the general wear and tear you expect, no cracks tho. Really tried to look after him. I think its got one dead pixel thats been there since new but you dont notice it.

I've tried to be as honest as possible because I want a realistic price, I was expecting around the £400 mark for it but when I went onto eBay some folk were asking £500 - £650 for theirs.

Thoughts ?!?

Cheers

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

You're giving away your CS4 license?

3. martynmc7 macrumors regular

I would say that £500-600 would be reasonable for the second to last generation with the 9400M but not with the plastic Unibody. It may be worth noting that the last non-unibody MacBook with the 9400M is going for £595 on www.cex.co.uk in the best possible condition.

I know yours comes with a tonne of software, however that doesn't necessarily add as much value as being more current hardware. I'd say between £400-500 would be more realistic considering that for £95 more than the top asking price people can get a much more recent machine, albeit without all the software you're providing.

4. taylor200588 thread starter macrumors regular

taylor200588

Cheers marty!! i like your honest opinion!!

I would be over the moon if I got £400 for it! and put it towards a new Macbook Pro :D

thanks for your replies

5. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.