Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I am going to wait until October 14th to see if any updates occur for the MB or MBP. If not, I am seriously considering a MBA. I would mainly be using it for uni work/listening to music/word tasks etc. Would it suit my needs? I like things to load pretty snappy, like on my imac. Any advice?

Elven

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
UK
I am going to wait until October 14th to see if any updates occur for the MB or MBP. If not, I am seriously considering a MBA. I would mainly be using it for uni work/listening to music/word tasks etc. Would it suit my needs? I like things to load pretty snappy, like on my imac. Any advice?

Every AIR I have used while in my local store has been pretty quick.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Three SNAPS here in the San Francisco Bay Area...:p Very snappy when downloading, ripping DVDs, surfing the net, the list is long. You need to experience it for yourself at the nearest Apple Store, BestBuy or Fry's Electronics. (Oh wait, you are "down under" or from the Big Pond) :cool:

bytodaystandrds

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
It's fast!
But bottlenecks with media much easier than your iMac, mind you... don't expect a workhorse.
But if you like it get it!!!.. i would:)

Macdick

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
Mba

Dont waste your money ,you will regret big time mark my word MBA is useless and will be discontinued soon !

gooddeal

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
PA
A good computer for every day tasks. I got rid of my 6 months old Macbook after about 1 month of using the Air. If you care about money like some people here (they cannot figure out why they need to spend more money but get less power than a Macbook), this might not be the best computer for you.

mmacnama

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
Love the air, great computer, won't be switching any time soon! I'm a fairly demanding user and it does almost everything I require even though I have a powerful PC as my main comp, I hardly ever use it.

:apple: 1.8, 80GB, Glossy :apple:

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
I recently got one after being continually puzzled why anyone would want such a device. Owning an EEE made me ready to get an MBA, I realized that there were not that many power intensive tasks that I really wanted to do on the go with any frequency.

My only complaint so far is the battery life. Like the iphone, towards the end of the day, I start getting worried about whether it will make it through the evening. I figured I would be cursing the 1.6, the 2GB of RAM, and the ipod HDD all the time, but I find all three to be just fine for my current mobile needs. I do not sit around thinking "what a slow and underpowered computer" like I thought I would. The lack of ports is just fine with me too, something I never would have guessed.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
Get the MBA! but watch out for the annoying cpu being locked only at 800mhz when overheating and makes watching youtube really choppy.

i even reapplied the thermal paste with arctic silver to lower down the temp a little bit and watching youtube has been fine since then.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
My first experience was a 2.33gHz MBP, I sold it. I purchased a 1.8gHz to tide myself over until the Nehalem Macbook Pro's are released. Tell you what. If I don't get back into graphc arts I could own this for years!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.