Thinking of buying an iMac 2013

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wwwbest, Apr 14, 2013.

1. wwwbest, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013

wwwbest macrumors newbie

I have mac mini and a LG monitor its not bad but i was thinking of buying a imac i7 becuase mac minis dont have 3d? is what someone told me i dont wanna put $1000 out for a apple monitor becuase i could put more money and buy a imac so i dont know what to do? any thoughts ?
    Thanks

2. Silvereel macrumors 6502

Well, Apple makes a fine monitor, but if you would be comfortable with a computer that costs around the same amount, I'd just go with one of the iMacs that's about the same price. You can get a lower end iMac for around the same price as a Thunderbolt Display.

What do you mean by saying that the Mini doesn't do 3D? The iMac definitely has a much, much better graphics card, as far as gaming and rendering is concerned, but the Mini should be able to handle some light 3D work. If you're talking about a 3D screen, though, I don't think Apple offers anything like that.

3. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

what does that even mean? :confused:

4. Razeus macrumors 601

He means it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, like the Nvidia, just the basic Intel 4000 graphics.

5. AppleInMyBlood macrumors regular

Just FYI there is no 2013 iMac at this point. I think you (OP) mean late 2012 iMac.