thinking of buying MBA Early 2015

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mutaji, Jun 22, 2015.

1. mutaji macrumors member

hey all!

currently i am using windows 8.1 2.70 ghz with 2gb of ram , i know 2gb ram is low sometimes it hangs but other than that i works fine.now i am thinking of buying MBA because i have worked on my frnd's IMAC MACOS works pretty smooth but i can't really live without windows so i will install windows if i buy macbook.

the question is if i buy MBA early 2015 4GB 256gb ssd and i use both MACOS and Windows , will windows work as smooth as MACOS? or will it cause problems when using windows?

2. madgibbon macrumors regular

It depends what you are planning to use Windows for. 4 GB is more than enough to run Windows with good performance. It will struggle if you start editing large videos/photos, but the so will OSX. I have an early 2015 MBA with the 4 GB ram. I use both OSX and Windows mainly for photo editing and web/software development and don't experience any performance issues.

3. mutaji thread starter macrumors member

so you mean to say Windows Will Run as Smooth As OSX on MBA with 4gb ram?

i don't use professional photo/video editing softwares.sometimes i open 9-10 tabs on chrome which causes lag,that won't happen right?

and what to do you think how many years i can go with this lappy with normal using?

4. JBat macrumors regular

JBat

Mine is just about 3 years old and is showing no signs of not being up to the task.

5. mutaji thread starter macrumors member

what is the config of your air?

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Is there a particular task you need to run Windows for? The only thing I ever need a Windows app for these days is Access database. Otherwise, anything you need can be done with a comparable Mac app and you can kiss Windows goodbye for good.

7. mutaji thread starter macrumors member

if i find the apps i use in windows in OSX then i can kiss windows goodbye.

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Shouldn't be hard. What apps do you need?

9. JBat macrumors regular

JBat

13" screen, I7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD