thinking of buying MBA Early 2015

mutaji

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
hey all!

currently i am using windows 8.1 2.70 ghz with 2gb of ram , i know 2gb ram is low sometimes it hangs but other than that i works fine.now i am thinking of buying MBA because i have worked on my frnd's IMAC MACOS works pretty smooth but i can't really live without windows so i will install windows if i buy macbook.

the question is if i buy MBA early 2015 4GB 256gb ssd and i use both MACOS and Windows , will windows work as smooth as MACOS? or will it cause problems when using windows?

madgibbon

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2013
It depends what you are planning to use Windows for. 4 GB is more than enough to run Windows with good performance. It will struggle if you start editing large videos/photos, but the so will OSX. I have an early 2015 MBA with the 4 GB ram. I use both OSX and Windows mainly for photo editing and web/software development and don't experience any performance issues.

mutaji

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
so you mean to say Windows Will Run as Smooth As OSX on MBA with 4gb ram?

i don't use professional photo/video editing softwares.sometimes i open 9-10 tabs on chrome which causes lag,that won't happen right?

and what to do you think how many years i can go with this lappy with normal using?

JBat

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2007
Washington
so you mean to say Windows Will Run as Smooth As OSX on MBA with 4gb ram?

i don't use professional photo/video editing softwares.sometimes i open 9-10 tabs on chrome which causes lag,that won't happen right?

and what to do you think how many years i can go with this lappy with normal using?
Mine is just about 3 years old and is showing no signs of not being up to the task.

AlliFlowers

Contributor
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Is there a particular task you need to run Windows for? The only thing I ever need a Windows app for these days is Access database. Otherwise, anything you need can be done with a comparable Mac app and you can kiss Windows goodbye for good.

mutaji

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Is there a particular task you need to run Windows for? The only thing I ever need a Windows app for these days is Access database. Otherwise, anything you need can be done with a comparable Mac app and you can kiss Windows goodbye for good.
if i find the apps i use in windows in OSX then i can kiss windows goodbye.