Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musika

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New York
So, I got a Griffin Reveal on Amazon. The company advertised that it would fit the iPhone 4 ATT & Verizon model. I'm no dummy, I know it needed to fit Verizon to work with my new 4S. So the case comes, it only fits ATT. The company has taken the product down and I've contacted them and they are giving me a hard time (even though they screwed me over) and they want me to ship it back. It's too much trouble and the shipping and time is not worth the 11 dollars I spent so I'm thinking of maybe cutting the side (ringer hole) to fit the 4S so the ringer will be in place. It's soft silicone so it shouldn't be a problem. I really have nothing to lose. I'll update with pictures if I decide to go through with it.

Cheers

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
let us know how it goes. i just got a switch easy case that said it would fit my new 4S. unfortunately, it does not. if your surgery goes well, i might consider modding my case as well

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
It should work with no issues. I bought an Incipio NGP that was made for the 4 and although everything fit the mute button was off. I ended up cutting a tiny piece and now fits perfectly.

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
The guy said at AT&T that the 4S camera lens is different therefor iPhone 4 case would not work. This is not true? Grrrrr

He is right that the lens is different. However it did not move up or down, or cause the outer shell to become bigger. So it doesn't affect if it will or will not fit the case.

The reason why the 4S won't fit cases made for the non-verizon iPhone 4 is because the mute switch moved slightly.

musika

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New York
Just filed another claim through Amazon this time, I'm gonna wait to hear back from them and then once they give me my options, I'll probably perform the surgery and update with pics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.