thinking of downgrading

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jetjaguar, Sep 21, 2010.

1. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

so about 3 weeks after the latest update to the mbp line i bought myself a 15" i7 .. because i previously had a 17inch which i sold cuz it was too big .. now since i bought my imac ive basically never used my laptop .. it just seems like a pain to bring it out .. im considering selling it and just picking up a 13 mbp and an ipad.

i dont think i will do anything on the laptop except write papers .. so im thinking i can pick up the 13 and slap my ssd into it and call it a day ... or should i just keep the 15 .. im always changing my mind ... its a curse

2. Hisdem macrumors 6502a

Hisdem

If you're only going to do papers then a base MB would suffice. However, I don't see need for an iPad if you have a laptop.

PS: I will trade my 13 inch MBP right now for your i7 15" hahaha

3. seb-opp macrumors 6502

sell the 15" and get an iPad. Don't bother with a 13" laptop as well, if you have an iPad you won't use it.

4. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Every trade means a loss in money. You are better off keeping the 15" for writing, although, of course, the 13" would suffice if you just had to trade. An iPad is a separate issue altogether. I wouldn't want to spend much time writing on that!

5. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

well i would definitely sell my laptop .. its such a waste of power .. for some reason i cannot write papers on a desktop .. its just awkward to me .. i want an ipad again because its easier to just carry around the house etc to be online .. laptop is more of a hassle