thinking of getting 32 gig itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crain300, Mar 23, 2009.

1. crain300 macrumors member

would now be a good time to buy or do you think thet release new models soon?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

September for iPod updates. Please use the Buyer's Guide for such questions.

Wait, that's a bad place to look. It lies. :p

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    New models will probably be released along with the launch of the new iPhone in the summer (around june) or in september with the other ipods. There have been references of iPod 2,2 pointing to an unreleased model. :)

4. DarkRyan323i macrumors member

I would wait if you think you'll need more than 32GB. Otherwise just get one now and upgrade to 3.0 in the summer!

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

It won't hurt to get one now, but may make you jealous and/or regretful if they release a new Touch with AMOLED fingerprintproof screen, a 3G data chip you can optionally pay to activate for a monthly fee, a lower price, and a promise to never charge for updates again so long as your new Touch lasts. Won't happen, maybe. ;)

6. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

you're kidding me, right? remember: iPod Touch.

7. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

iPod Touch*

aaaaand i'd look on eBay - you can find them for (at minimum) 100$ off refurbished.

i'd wait until summer though... prices will drop most likely on eBay ;)

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Only a little. I said a data chip, not a phone chip. I also said a chip that you could optionally pay a monthly fee to use so you'd have internet access with no wifi. Why is this even a possibility?

1. Apple will be adding subscription billing to it's iTunes store with 3.0 firmware. 2. Apple already knows how to put 3G chips in devices. 3. Apple can make Millions More profit when everyone in the world who wants a Touch yet doesn't have Wifi will gladly pay for a Touch and that 3G network connection. With the new billing options you can turn 3G on for 15 minutes (only paying for 15 minutes worth) to check email, weather, and stocks, then turn it off while you listen to music, look at photos, watch a video, or play a game. If you only buy 20 minutes a day the service cost would be minimal, and the provider and Apple would still make millions more than they are making right now.

Will they do it? I say they will, eventually. The amazon Kindle has proven there is a profit model for a 3G data chip in non-phone devices.

4D (time) Thinker.

9. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

I would wait until september, and then decide. I never like to put too much money into an iPod because mine have always had battery problems after the first year. Make sure to buy apple care with that item.

10. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i do think that if they do it it's because that they have knowledge in the field and the profits would be a plus for Apple, but if there was a network connection requiring a monthly plan-who would the provider be? and i wasn't flaming you, for the record. i'm not necessarily against this idea, nor am i 100% for it.

11. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

if i were you i would wait until September to buy one. most likely a new iPod Touch is coming in September and possibly a price drop.

12. crain300 thread starter macrumors member

quick update on 3 30 09 i sprang for the 32 gig 2nd gen
    and i love it
    it is very sweet

13. d94 macrumors member

congrats!
    i sold my 16gig 1st gen for 200 over the weekend and bought a 2nd gen 32gig for 220
    im LOVIN IT :D

14. crain300 thread starter macrumors member

must be good luck as well i was tossing up buying one at sams for 377
    or at apple store i had a hard time shelling out that for ipod
    i got mine from craigslist we met at local store parking area
    mint condition i bought it for 220 cash

i called apple in parking lot and it was 2 gen 32 gig and it was unregistered so off to applecare they transferred me and they took my info over phone
    flawless condition no box or earbuds i dont think it was ever used but
    apple said it was cool and now its all mine
    32 gigs of goodness for 220 oh yeah