Thinking of getting an iMac!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Caponey, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Caponey macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I had very recently purchased a MacBook Pro, but returned it because I felt the glossy screen was way too reflective for my liking. No matter where I was, I saw too much of myself when working on dark backgrounds.

While I don't necessarily regret sending back the Laptop, I do still feel a tug at wanting to use OS X. It's very charming and has such a nice design, I want to keep using it.

Which brings me to my query, which some might find odd. I do not like sitting at a desk. I am way more comfortable, and work a lot more efficiently on my couch with my feet up. I read that the iMac is only 12 pounds, and easy to carry around. Would it be practical to set the iMac on a desk in front of my couch and kick back with my work? Does anyone do this? I am seriously considering giving the Mac another shot if I can pull off portability with an iMac, especially considering how affordable they are compared to the Anti glary MBPs.

thanks
    C

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Look at the Tech Specs of all the iMacs on Apples web site, you will see whoever quoted you 12 lbs sure didn't look at that page.

3. Caponey thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm...

the iMac 21.5 weighs 12.5 pounds. You must be thinking of the 2011, I am talking 2012.

4. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

iMac is glossy as well and will have reflections, and it's not really convenient to keep moving it around.

You sound a bit too fussy, just get the MacBook Pro and enjoy it.

5. NbinHD macrumors 6502

I assume that when you say you sitting on the couch, that you would also be in front of a T.V. If you have a nice T.V why dont you consider a Mac Mini, and than buy a wireless keyboard, a magic trackpad and a product like the Twelve South MagicWand or the Henge Docks Clique? That would work nicely.

6. Caponey thread starter macrumors newbie

lol

maybe someday i will try the macbook again...i am just not feelin it right now.
    thanks for the input though, i appreciate it.