Thinking of getting in line for the watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cnev3, Mar 26, 2015.

1. cnev3 macrumors 6502

I have a job that allows me to work from my laptop while being in line, and some friends that can help supply me with food.

It would be really cool to be first in line, and have the fame and attention.

Should I do it?

2. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

Fame and attention???

You may want to reevaluate your priorities. lol

3. venom600 macrumors 6502a

Unless you are going to get in line at the 5th Avenue store in Manhattan or some other extremely high profile store (like the Grove in LA or the San Francisco store), the most "fame and attention" you'll get is from annoyed Mall Security.

Plus an article on 9to5Mac suggests that they won't even have many non-reserved watches in stock anyway. You may wait all that time and find that the only combination left is a sport with the green strap. Do you want to be the guy wearing a green strap?

4. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I seem to remember ONE post somewhere where someone actually liked that green. I was truly horrified yesterday to learn that my new work uniform shirt actually matches that green. Hopefully my SS Link will distract.

5. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

I've been wondering about this too. I've been to five product launches (2 iPhones and 3 iPads), and I was first in line for three of them (the iPad 4, iPhone 5S, and iPad Air). Anyway, out of those five times, only once was there ever a news crew and it was for the 5S. When the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus came out, I was second and waited "in line" for 38 hours but Mall Security kept shoeing us away. So, if they have stock, I'm definitely waiting in line. I'd love to be the first person to ever buy an Apple Watch from my mall.

6. bounou macrumors 6502

bounou

I find the product launches to be fun, having said that if I can reserve one and not have any stress that's the option I am going to choose.

I will preorder online on the 10th and if I can show up in store to try on the watch before and hopefully secure a watch in store for pickup on the morning of the 24th.

That's what I would do, why overnight when you can reserve one and be sure it will be available for you?