Thinking of getting macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dynomite, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Dynomite macrumors newbie

Well I've using Windows for all my life, and still use windows desktops. But now I'm thinking about getting the macbook and was wondering from you guys if I should wait for the new one or not? Is their going to any big differences other than the look? If the differences are just looks I think the old ones look better..
    Thanks in advance :D

2. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

I use the White 2.4GHZ 2GB 160GB Macbook it's about four months old now, gets a LOT of comments, even had some from other Apple users about how it's edges are softer than most, guess I got a really good one. The next ones the rumor mill has a change to aluminum chassis, L.E.D backlit screen/keyboard, and likely a spec boost. I'm waiting for it myself as this Macbook amazing as it is, will likely be handed to the GF for her studies.

3. Dynomite thread starter macrumors newbie

So new look, lit keyboard. Will the spec boost be good enough to wait? I know most of you guys probably don't know but is there any rumors on the new specs?

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Maybe a glass trackpad, no word on specs. For all its worth, if you like the current design and you don't care a lot of "cutting edge" or the latest/greatest, then buy the current one. No reason to wait for the new one if it doesn't benefit you, even if it has all those features. But yea, no word on the specs, just the casing, glass trackpad, maybe a backlit keyboard (most likely not, since apple wants to distinguish the consumer and the pro line) and maybe an all aluminum design (highly likely, although not sure).

5. Dynomite thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll wait after sept. 9th I guess to see if their will be any new specs. thanks!

6. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

I haven't read that yet. Now that would be something. I hate how the typical trackpad's soak up the oil from your fingers and get all shiny. I'm not a big trackpad fan overall (love trackpoints), but I've been admiring how the Acer notebooks' trackpads are the same material as the rest of the topcase. And in the case of my fairly new Acer Aspire One, that's a painted surface.

A glass trackpad (I assume the same tech as in the iPhone/iPod Touch) would really be interesting.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Really? I read it from this same site, macrumors. Link.

8. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Nothing's guaranteed, so if you need one now, feel free to go and get it.