iPad Pro Thinking of getting the 12.9 Smart Keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Raist3001, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Raist3001 macrumors regular

Raist3001

I've been thinking lately that I would like to purchase the ASK for my 2017 12.9 IPP. However, after some research, I found that only the 10.5 ASK has the updated water resistant material and new scissor key mech. The 12.9 ASK did not receive these updates. Not sure if a new 12.9 ASK is on the horizon? Any one know if that's possible? Don't see why apple would not update the 12.9 ASK to include the new features of the 10.5 ASK?

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

That's odd. I thought the 12.9 ASK already had the scissor key and water resistant. I remember watching youtube videos when it first came out demonstrating its water resistance.

3. Raist3001 thread starter macrumors regular

Raist3001

Sorry i wasnt clear. The 10.5 has a newer water resistant fabric than the 12.9 and has a newer scissor mech. The key presses on the 10.5 feel much better than on the 12.9.

4. italodance Suspended

italodance

Don't do that i own that for my iPP first generation over a year and need to warn you, it will fray the same left side of device after a while, mMe myself goona go for leather sleeve and stash my Smart Keyboard.

5. Raist3001 thread starter macrumors regular

Raist3001

I was afraid of that. Being fabric, it will wear at the points that see the most use.

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

That is indeed your experience, but it is not normal. i've been using my 12.9 ASK for over 15 months, daily with much use, transporting it to my office 5 days a week every week during that time. No wear. No fraying.

7. Raist3001 thread starter macrumors regular

Raist3001

I currently use the Logitech K810 keyboard and I really do love it. However, I am looking for simplicity which the ASK will offer. But I know I will have to accept compromises such as no back lit keys, or media short cuts.

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

well my space bar has some marks already but overall love the keyboard. works very well with the size.