Thinking of getting the 23-inch Cinema Display

SandersHokie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
I can use my student discount, but should I wait, or go ahead and get one? I'm not sure if they are going to have any new ones out, or if they will be even worth an upgrade.

thanks.

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
I can use my student discount, but should I wait, or go ahead and get one? I'm not sure if they are going to have any new ones out, or if they will be even worth an upgrade.

thanks.
We bought one for our daughter. It matches the MacPro but we found the display wasn't any better than the less expensive 24 inch Dell or Samsung displays. Also, the full integration with the MacPro doesn't let her turn off the monitor (or we just haven't figured out how to) since pressing the monitor power tries to shut down the Mac Pro.

I'd wait to see if the 7 August updates bring new screens and also look at some of the other display options out there.

Cheers,

hanschien

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
Houston, TX
We bought one for our daughter. It matches the MacPro but we found the display wasn't any better than the less expensive 24 inch Dell or Samsung displays. Also, the full integration with the MacPro doesn't let her turn off the monitor (or we just haven't figured out how to) since pressing the monitor power tries to shut down the Mac Pro.

I'd wait to see if the 7 August updates bring new screens and also look at some of the other display options out there.

Cheers,
There is an option in System Preferences that lets you select what the power button on the ACD does (Sleep system/Turn off display/Nothing).

SandersHokie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006

Cheers,
yeah i'm thinking of waiting.