Thinking of going naked.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zhris, Aug 2, 2012.

1. zhris macrumors newbie

I'm sure this has come up a bunch of times, but not from my particular concern, so I thought I'd put it out there. I'm considering ditching the case and having my 4s live in it's brithday suit (I've already broken myself of the InvisiShield habit), as it is a pretty sexy peice of hardware and I don't like hiding it, and what I'm wondering is this; I'm not too concerned about dropping or scratching it, as I've dropped a phone maybe twice in my life, but what about the metal bands? I'm worried that the oils in my skin may eventually discolor them or something... is this even possible? Thanks!

2. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

I wouldn't worry about the oils, as the metal is stainless steel and should be pretty resilient.

3. audix macrumors regular

No, that is stainless steel. It can never be discolored by oils from your hands. No matter what. It doesn't get rusty or corroded.

I wanted to go naked at first but it actually kind of hurts to hold. I'm a bumper case addict and there's nothing I can do about it.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

there are a ton of these threads if you just put the word Naked in search engine every possible topic or concern has been discussed about being naked or not..

5. Coldsnow macrumors regular

Same.. bumpers for life.

[​IMG]

6. audix macrumors regular

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I thought about the same, but I'm giving one of my children my 4S when the 5 drops so I'm trying to keep it in good condition.

8. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

Been going naked since day 1 (iPhone 3G).

Had only only one drop on a hard floor. Left a small dent / scratch on the side.

-t

9. treeoflife macrumors member

I've only had my phone naked for a few days until I got a screen protector and a case for my phone. Currently, I'm using a bumper style case: SGP Neo Hybrid Mix & Match Series, both white on the frame and the silicone.

http://cretouch.com/product_mixmatch_neo_hybrid.php

10. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I usually go for a clear back case for my iPhone. That way it still looks pretty nice, while still being easier to grip, and offers a slight bit of drop protection.

11. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

When I originally got my 4 I went straight for the Otterbox Defender....same when I got the 4S. Over time, I've reduced my coverage and am now using an Apple Bumper. I'm VERY careful with my phones (only dropped like 3 times) so the added grip and lay on the table that the bumper provides is all that I need.

12. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

This is my biggest opposition to staying naked (have been for almost the entire life of the phone). It is uncomfortable as hell to hold on a long phone call and I don't care for using the speaker phone if I don't have to. I need to find a slim, comfortable bumper.